Thursday, May 22, 2008

Kristin Stattel: A Note to Those That Judge

"A Successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him" - David Brinkley

I am aware that people have been judgemental of me and of my decisions, without even knowing me, which saddens me. It saddens me, not in self pity, but for those who choose to be critical and judgemental.
I have learned to not take what anyone says about me personally, because humans perceive truth with their own feelings and emotions.
Everything in life has energy, whether it is positive energy or negative energy. We tend to focus on the negatives at an acute level, and focus less on the positives, which is when we allow ourselves to fall.
Many times wondering why other people hated me so, what I did that was so awful, and really mistakenly perceived everything occurring, as my fault. It took a long time, and a strong battle within me, to recognize that it is not all about me. I believe that many times, when someone lashes out at you, tries to belittle you, or has an agenda to hurt you, it is coming from within them. Peoples own self hatred and their own insecurities, is what brings out this ugliness. Most people will never admit to their own self hatred or insecurities, yet they release these feelings from within themselves in their actions and words; projecting it onto others. For it is much easier for some people, to see others hurting and in pain, as opposed to owning that burden ourselves.
People can call me a traitor, liar, or whatever, but unless I believe that about myself, (which I do not) then it is not the truth. It is just their own perception.

I stand by my decisions and my actions, and I am not going to allow myself to be effected by the "bricks" being thrown at me. Rather, each brick, is adding to my personal foundation of strength. I choose not to be spiteful and go attacking others who choose to try to attack me. Rather, I feel sorry for them that they choose to be this way. Not just in the choice to try to break me, but that this is the way that they live their lives by choice.
Each and every one of us has the choice of how we are going to live and how we are going to be.



"We are born in truth, but we grow up believing in lies.... One of the biggest lies in the story of humanity is the lie of our imperfection" - don Miguel Ruiz